Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

What could be the cause of small pimple on the middle of upper eyelid ?

I have a pimple on the skin in the middle of my upper eyelid . Im am sure it is not a stye due to its location in the centre of the shut eyelid. It appears like a pimple and is slightly raised and reddened. It is causing mild discomfort when touched. What could this be? Should I see my doctor? Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 3 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  958
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hi there. It appears that there is an infection of the glands inside the eyelid which is causing a pus point called Meibomitis or Chalazion. You may avoid touching or fiddling with the affected eyelid. Kindly apply warm compress on the area for relief. It is best that you consult an Ophthalmologist as soon as possible so that the right diagnosis and treatment can be done.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Answered: Sat, 3 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Andrew Rynne MD's  Response
This is a Meibomian Cyst. It can be excised from inside the eyelid by any compitant doctor, using local anaesethic dropps and a ring forceps.


Answered: Sat, 3 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor