Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

What could be the cause of high uric acid in blood of an hypersensitive ?

hello My mother is 68 years old black african, she has been hypertensive for around 24 years, her high blood pressure is controlled, and is given 1 asprine tablet per day. she follows a healthy diet , she does not drink alcohol , no smoking, no salt and no sugar, and eats boiled organic food, she rarely eats meat, recently she fell ill and was told that she has high content of uric acid in her blood why could be the cause of this and what are the dangers to her health.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  115
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi ,
It is really nice to know that your mother is following good lifestyle changes and ideal diet .
Presently her cardiac problems are controlled with one aspirin and no other medicines are required for that .
rise in uric acid is not at all life threatening and it is not related to heart problems .
1 maintain good water intake
2 repeat uric acid after 1-2 weeks
3 consult rheumatologist if the values are high , may be a short course of drugs like allopurinl will help her

Answered: Fri, 13 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Kashan Aslam Shah's  Response
hi and welcome . well raised uric acid levels have many causes from increased dietry fructose, and meat to under excretion by kidneys secondary to damage of kidneys by diabetes and hypertension. other causes are any malignancy, use od asprin, steroids,diuretics and so on.
regarding your problem, cleveland clinic conducted a study and found that hypertension and raised uric acid (HYPERURECEMIA) have strong association. it damages the kidneys which in turn will make hypertension worse and hypertension in itself damages the kidneys. well if patient is symptomatic and any arthritis like gout , treatment is mandatory. treating asymptomatic hyperurecemia is a matter of debate. consult your physician regarding this .. hope it helps . take care
Answered: Fri, 13 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor