Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

What could be the cause of frequent urination after a complete treatment for pseudomonas arigonasa ?

i am 23 years old from tamilnadu i was working in ship where i got infection of pseudomonas arigonasa and got treated for that in first symptoms were intermittent urine flow.i took abdominal scan for three times and there are no stones and prostate, bladder looks normal in the result,.x rays and urine test also taken there are no abnormalities.even after the complete treatment for the infections i have frequent urination and intermittent flow and time delay to start the doctor inserted a finger with gloves and told that there is prostate enlargement but the scan results show normal prostate.i consulted another doctor he says that this is due to weak nerves in the urinary bladder .frequency of urination is every half an hour.
Asked On : Sun, 19 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  128
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear Raja. Thanks for your query and for using Health care magic.

I should tell you that I am a general physician and not a urologist. However I understand your problem and can suggest you things which will help you take it further from here.

Based on the details given b you, it appears that you had UTI in past which was treated with antibiotics.

Even after complete treatment of infection, you continue to have frequent urination (once every half an hour), intermittent flow and time delay to start.

USG abdomen is normal - No stone, no prostate.

I assure you that it cannon be prostate related problem as such problems are usually seen in old age patients. At 23 its quite unlikely.

The Urinary Bladder is supplied by nerves from lower spinal plexus (Lumbosacral Plexus)

If there has been any injury to low back, there can be involvement of urinary bladder. make sure you do not have any such symptoms.

Also you should make sure that the urine cultures are sterile and not growing any bacteria

You should undergo what is known as Uroflometry. This will assess your urinary flow rate and volumes and help to find the nature of the underlying defect. Its a specialized ultrasound testing done while you will be passing urine. It can be done at any hospital.

Based on this, further advice can be given.

Wish you good health

Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran
Answered: Mon, 20 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor