What could be the cause of anaemia?

Hi
I'm worried about my sister as she is very anaemic and was put on a higher dose of anaemia tablets around 6 months ago. The tablets make her have very bad stomach pains and watery diorrea. She has lost lots of weight over a 12 month or so period. She has just had more bloods done and her ATG results are abnormal. The doctors are going to repeat the blood tests again in another 6 weeks. We are all so worried as this has been going on so long, what could this mean ?
Mon, 4 Aug 2014
Hematologist 's  Response
Hi, there are many causes of anemia. so first you should investigate for the cause of anemia like iron deficiency, vit b12 deficiency or may be due to some other disease like chronic blood loss, hemolysis and so on. You should consult haematologist and investigate properly. Yhen take treatment accordingly. You will definitely get benefits.
Thanks for using health care magic.