Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

What could be the cause for ischemic changes deducted by an ECG as I was having chest discomfort for a while ?

I had an ECG yesterday and it showed a flattened rest period heart beat (they mentioned ischemic changes) - what could be the causes? I have been experiencing chest discomfort for a while/
Asked On : Mon, 20 Feb 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  81
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thankx for choosing healthcaremagic
dear patient
there is long list of causes for this problem
but the common once are high blood pressure ,high serum cholestrol,high fat diet,sedentary life style.
you need to follow strictly the instruction given by your cardiologist
take regular medicines as advised and strict diet n life style modification should be followed to avoid further damage.
take care
dr vikas poddar
Answered: Mon, 20 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Geeta Sundar's  Response
Hi welcome to HCM. You say you have been experiencing chest discomfort for a while and ECG shows flattened T waves which have been diagnosed as ischaemic.
You need to undergo further workup --- TMT / thallium stress test/ CT angio/ angiography to assess the significance of the ECG findings and extent of ischaemia. Hope this answers your query to the full. Regards.
Answered: Mon, 20 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor