What could be the cause for feeling tightness around the neck, mouth and chin?

I ve been having a tightness in my throat that makes it very difficult to breathe. Its been common, especially at night when I am trying to sleep keeping me up for hours. The tightness is occuring around the esophagus and the area just below my mouth/chin. Nothing I do seems to work, allergy medication, my asthma inhaler, or even sleep aiding medication. When it gets really tight and is at its worst, there is a slight pain in my throat and I have an issue with shaky hands. I m hoping for some advice on what it may be, or what I could do to be able to breathe easier to at least sleep at night until I can get to a doctor.
Thu, 22 Aug 2019

It may be due to occipital neuralgia. For further assessment you may require MRI neck, nerve conduction studies after spine surgeon consultation. For pain you can take tablet Acetaminophen. You may require tablet Pregabalin and multivitamin after consultation. Do regular physical therapy after physiotherapist consultation.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shyam Kale
Family and general physician