What could be reasons for no pregnancy after sex within the period as per the doctor's advise ?

hi doc,my wife had undergone follicle study and the egg was ruptured on 19th day so my gyn told to have sex from 17th day itself.also she gave progesterone tablet to her. and told to come after 15 days .We had sex within this time .We did sex for once a day.Also Within this periods she got pain like menstrual pain but there were no periods.now my wife didnt have periods uptil now (15 days after the rupture). Today she went to gyn ,but gyn told her that she cant see anything .therefore told to come on thursday dt 19/05/2011.I havent taken strip test uptil now.If she is not pregnant then what may be the reasons to not have the periods? when should I take the pregnancy test. i am worried please help .Pranati gaware 27 years old
Sat, 28 Jan 2012