Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

127 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What could be done for my husband to increase his desire for sex ?

my husband do not have a desire to insert while making love. Rest he has desires for women, but doe not feel to do the insertion while doing other things? Is he normal?
Wed, 4 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Is he is having full erection or not enough for insertion ? If he has this problem then he may not like insertion as he might have fear of not doing insertion successfully and so might have inferior complex.
He also might have doubt that if he does insertion he may not prolonged intercourse and will ejaculate very shortly.
So nothing to worry,you discuss with him this problem and do free discussion and remove any such ideas in his mind.
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response
No, while foreplay he has full erection, and I do not think he has any fear in his mind.I discussed it with him, but got one one reply that, he has no interest in insertion,he get the pleasure by masturbation only.

I am really worried, is our marriage is a normal one?is He suffering from any disease?
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi Doc,I am 35yr married women with one daughter of 3yr. I have a sex related problem to discuss with u. I have almost nil desire for sex. We had a lot of problems having intercourse after our marriage and for almost 2-3 yrs were not able to do intercourse.I was fearful of the pain and like I mentioned I did not enjoy it so did not make any effort to do it.Ours is a love marriage so my husband also adjusted , we then somehow were able to have intercourse and had a baby.Post that also we had sex very rarely though we were having oral sex but intercourse was very rare.I never took this seriously and my husband had also adjusted to this situation though he always had very strong desires but used to masturbate. Then I came to know few months back that my husband was having an extramarital affair with his office collegue for past 3yrs ,which started just before our daughter was born. I know the reason why he got distracted because of my own incompetency. we are still together but he is not able to forget her because she filled the gap which we had. now he wants to be with her, marry her but does not want to leave me and daughter as he still loves us.he is most of the time upset and not happy and has started drinking excessively. I still love him and he loves me too but he misses that girl because she had given him what I could not. He still has her in his thoughts and is having problem taking out those memories. I want to save my marriage and remove her thoughts from my husbands mind by creating good moments together. Now he does not seem to be interested in sex with me as he thinks he would be cheating on me by having sex with me and thoughts of her. I need your help in overcoming my incapability of having almost no desire for sex. and developing not only frequent desire for sex but also enjoying it with my husband.Basically the fine art. if you could refer books and for increasing the desire , some medicines you can suggest , I would be greatly thankful.

doctor1 MD

Hi I am 50 and had my last period 6 months ago. I have recently had a very intense sexual apatite only for my husband and he touches me I am wet and I could have sex all the time. 10 minutes after we are done I want to go again. I am not complaining and my husband does. I am to much at times. Is this normal for menopause or am I just odd.

doctor1 MD

Hello. I am an 18 year old healthy male. For the past year I have realized a decrease in my sex drive and ability to produce hard erections. It was at the beginning of this time i began to do ab excercises and a little weight lifting. In September of last year I began to feel pain in my testicle. After visiting 3 different urologists, they all concluded I had a spermatocele and that it was inflammed. I want to know what I can do to reduce the inflammation and hopefully restore my sex drive. Thank You