Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

What could be discoloration in spine resulted from MRI ?

My mother just had an MRI; she had alot of back pain and thought she d get it checked out. They found discoloration (darkened brown areas) from what was described in areas down her spine. She was instructed to get a CAT which she s doing. I m desperate to know what the possibilities of this could be? Any help is much appreciated, thanks, Mike
Asked On : Wed, 6 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  494
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
There can be many reasons for back pain and the MRI picture you presented. It could be hemangioma in the vertebral column compression the spinal cord/nerves causing pain. It can also be cancer which has spread to spine from source elsewhere. You need to give full history of your mother. Does she have any other problem. Her age, any bleeding from vagina, any breast problems, abdominal problems as well.
Answered: Fri, 8 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor