Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

What could a swollen, painful lump in the chest be?

about four days ago, I was bathing and i came across a lump right below my chest actually in the middle of my chest. as i was feeling it, i noticed that the lump hurt to the touch and it is swollen. what could it be?
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  430
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pulmonologist 's  Response
thanks for your query.
A swollen lump on the chest can be anything from infectious to malignant lump.
You must have elaborated the exact site. What I think is you must go for fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) of the lump. The report will tell you the exact nature of it. The treatment will be further decided based on the report.
Meanwhile you may take a course of broad spectrum antibiotic and see whether it resolves or not....

Best wishes
Answered: Tue, 29 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor