Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

What consent of mine, if any, would you need as my GP to refer me to a specialist for potential participation in a clinical trial?

What consent of mine, if any, woud you need as my GP to refer me to a specialist or other doctor for potential participation in a clinical trial? This is before any records xfer which I know would need my consent and signing of a HIPPA document. Can you refer me and give them my name/# without any signing of documents/informed consent since you re my doctor?
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Participation in clinical trial is possible only with consult of the individual/trial subject.However it becomes unlawful if you are forced to consent or if any medicine is tested on you without your consent.Hope this helps.Take care.
Answered: Fri, 11 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor