What clogs up heart arteries during a heart attack ?

Is it cholesterol and too much smoking? if your cholesterol is normal and you do not smoke can you still have a blockage ?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Lab Tests ,  
Medical Topics ,  
's  Response
Coronary artery disease involves impairment of blood flow through the coronary arteries, most commonly by atheromas. Clinical presentations include silent ischemia, angina pectoris, acute coronary syndromes (unstable angina, MI), and sudden cardiac death. Diagnosis is by symptoms, ECG, stress testing, and sometimes coronary angiography. Prevention consists of modifying reversible risk factors (eg, hypercholesterolemia, hypertension, physical inactivity, obesity, and smoking). Treatment includes drugs and procedures to reduce ischemia and restore or improve coronary blood flow.