Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

What changes should I make for high TSH level ?

Hello, i am 26 recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism after 1st baby, with a TSH level greater than 150, my doctor put me on 75 mcg thyroxine. What changes should i make in my diet and life style? my weight is 60 kg presently. My height is 4 feet 9 inches.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  251
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, hypothyroidim is common among women, do not worry take that medicine regularly empty stomach, as you mention your TSH is 150 n you start 75 mcg , you should discuss about dose of drug with your doc as it should be 200mcg.
along with tab you should morning walk, avoid spicy n fatty food, bringle, cabbage.
Dr aseem 9982583020
Answered: Thu, 21 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response

Welcome to HCM.

Hypothyroidism is caused by decreased production of thyroid hormone by thyroid gland.
Commonest cause is iodine deficiency. There can be other less common causes as well, in the thyroid gland, pituitary gland or hypothalamus.
A thorough investigation will be required to pin point the cause.

Always use iodinated salt. It is the best way to provide adequate quantity of iodine to the body.
Answered: Thu, 21 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor