What causes yellowish discharge with bad odor in a child?

My 7 year old daughter has been having a foul smelly yellowish discharge for almost 2 years and swabbed and doctor said to ignore it and nothing is wrong and there is no infection either.but 1 doctor said there may be a foreign body and must do a small testing that doesn t harm the hyman.i was shocked.still she has the discharge sometimes and rarely complaints of a tummyache.please doctor what type of a condition is this.
Tue, 20 Aug 2019

Vaginal discharge is normal in pre-adolescent girls. But if it is yellow or green with foul smell and itching, then there are chances of infection with traichomonas vaginalis. you should give appropriate drugs.

If still the discharge present you can do X-ray or USG to look for any foreign body inside the vagina. Removal of a foreign body under anesthesia will relive the symptoms.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Rajmohan, Pediatrician