What causes yellowish discharge with bad odor from ear?

My right ear seems to be infected or maybe worse. It s been like this for 3 years. A yellowish thick sometimes really watered comes out of my ear hen I clean it. And it s there s a really bad odour. I m unsure of what this is. I went to my gp last year to find out what it was and she said it was an ear infection but I think it s worse. Will I need surgery? I would prefer not too. And also today I have a really bad ear ache.
Fri, 28 Nov 2014
Hello
Welcome to HCM.
It may be severe bacterial ot fungal infectionay be due to bad hygiene.
It should be treated because it may cause injury to ear drum and also affect hearing and brain invasion may occur.
Take Paracetamol or Ibuprofen tablets for pain and fever.
Take anti allergic drug like levocrtirizine to relieve itching.
Immediately condult your ENT surgeon for further ear examination.
Take care and have a healthy life ahead.