What causes worm like particles in feces?

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here... My 15 month old has clear particles shaped like a grain of rice(slightly larger) worm like appearance in his feces. They do not move. Appear to be jelly substance. What is this?
Thu, 6 Jul 2017
Dear Parent,

The jelly like substance in your child's stool seems to be mucus which keeps our intestines moist and lubricated. Small amounts of mucus in stools is normal. However you will need to consult a pediatrician if the amount of mucus in stools increases or is associated with blood and abdomen pain.