What causes weight gain in the lower extremities?

Hello, my 29 year old daughter who has always weighed 110lbs is gaining weight in her lower extremites. This is a girl who swims 3 miles a week and eats well. In the past 3 months she is up to 140lbs. but the weight is only in her butt thighs and legs. Her face uper body and waist are still very thin. She has some thyroid testing there are a few small nodles in her throat. they were seen via ultra sound. The physicans say the nodles are to small to Biopsy. I believe there is a pathogen or some sort of fluid that is making her swell? Very concerned, Her family doctor is great but is not able to figure out what is going on, whom do you think she should see?
Mon, 27 Aug 2018
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hi

As you explain the history the renal function should be checked too.It might be the cause.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.