What causes weight gain and insomnia in a 76-year-old?

I am 76 yrs old and have trouble sleeping, I am gaining weight and cannot lose weight even though I watch my diet and exercise. I have never had a weight problem but this past year I have gained for no reason and can t seem to take it off. I have had a complete hysterectomy and my friend thought I needed progesterone. Can you maybe have an answer.
Fri, 29 Jun 2018
Hello
Welcome to Ask a Doctor service
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Try to cut down high calorie diet, have more fiber containing diet, vegetable diet and most important is regular exercise, yoga, stay away from the stress, no need to taken any medicine even no need to take any hormone medicine, regular exercise will helps you a lot
Hope I have answered your query, let me know if I can assist you any further.