What causes weight gain and fatigue?

I am about to turn 70 Male. Have been experiencing fatigue the past 4 weeks. Since last November, have been running 3-4 miles about 5 times per week. Have modified my died to salads and vegetables, little meat. And I am gaining weight instead of losing it in spite of rigorous exercise. No other health problems. Recent blood panels are normal. My cardiologist says my recent EKG revealed a problem , but nuclear stress test revealed nothing. Why am I gaining weight and feeling fatigued?
Wed, 27 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

There are so many causes for these symptoms, however common are thyroid problem , so I would advise you check thyroid tests, its good that you are otherwise healthy .

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.