Thanks for contacting with your health concern
1. As you are maintaining an active lifestyle and still gaining weight and bloating is there, [symptoms are persisting], call your primary care
doctor since it can be symptoms of underlying illness or infection which require medical intervention. [initially to exclude underactive thyroid, low hemoglobin
, liver disease]
2. the most probable diagnosis could be functional IBS [irritable bowel syndrome] which is a collection of symptoms ranging from bloating, diarrhea
, abdominal pain
, and constipation
, so consult a Gastroenterologist
for necessary examination and investigation, till then
. maintain proper hydration [to prevent dehydration] and replace with electrolytes [avoid apple, grapes, pear juice which can make stomach upset].
- Avoid fiber-rich diet, since it can make bloating worse [instead take plain white rice, boiled potato, plain toast]
- avoid eating dairy products, spicy food, and spicy condiments, stay away from artificial sweeteners.
- take less of strong spices (ginger, garlic), oily-fried-fatty food and flatus producing foods (peas, beans, dals)
- eat slowly, avoid haste-irregular eating and sweet/heavy food which are difficult to digest and cause indigestion
- since it is a psychosomatic disease thus tranquility of mind is must, as such Medhya drugs or a mild tranquilizer are useful.
PS. weight gain and bloating post hysterectomy
is fairly common [since it causes surgical menopause], as such due to declining estrogen level above symptoms are common and worsened by hormonal fluctuations, so maintaining the dietary regime and lifestyle changes [as provided above] can surely help you to overcome the symptoms.