What causes weak erections after recovering from an infected abscess on the penis?

Hello, I developed an abscess in late March it was the size of a golf ball. it was in my penile area. the wound has healed and infection is gone. However, my erections are not as strong as they were before ? could I never have a full erection again ? I am also diabetic and my diabetes is finally under control
Wed, 8 Aug 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Yes these temporary symptoms are because of local inflammation result of infection. Wait for few more weeks your symptoms will improve by itself. Diabetes can cause Erectile dysfunction but as your levels are controlled, there is much lesser risk.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.