What causes vomiting and diarrhea?

Good day . My daughter is vomiting and has diarrhea first time it s was dark chocolate in color , now it is a whitish speck with some small solid . No fever . She like to eat . But after she vomits she refuse to continue eating . What condition is she in ?
Thu, 5 Mar 2015
Pediatrician, Pulmonology 's  Response
Hi....

It seems your kid is having viral diarrhoea. Once it starts it will take 5-7 days to completely get better. Unless the kid's having low urine output or very dull or excessively sleepy or blood in motion or green bilious vomiting...you need not worry.

I suggest you use zinc supplements (Z&D drops 1ml once daily for 14 days) & ORS (Each small packet mixed in 200ml of potable water and keep giving sip by sip) as hydration is very important and crucial part of treatment. If there is vomiting you can use Syrup Ondansetron as prescribed by your paediatrician.

Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,