What causes vomiting and diarrhea?

grandson (14yrs) had vomited & diarrhea on Fri evening after eating chicken breast, rice & salad. On Saturday did not eat breakfast around 1:00pm had soup/crackers...still not feeling well...nothing to eat Sunday except dinner Chicken breast & salad?--Monday school-left at noon not feeling well no breakfast & ate a sandwich for lunch-that evening no dinner & Tuesday a.m no breakfast & just a sandwich for lunch-has gas belching & flatuence-stomach & midriff look bloated
Tue, 21 Apr 2015
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
Hi. Thanks for the query. From the history, its apparent that your grandson is having gastrintestinal infection. If i were your doctor, I would start him on a course of antibiotics which would take care of the infection. If the symptoms have subsided, let him just have some curds (contains lactobacillus which is good for the gut) continue his normal diet. Avoid any aerated drinks.