What causes visible pulsations around the corner of the mouth?

I have a small visible pulsation a few centimeters from the corner of my mouth. There is no lump and no pain; the skin simply moves up and down. It becomes more pronounced when I drink alcohol; also when I eat. I know it s my facial artery (I can easily palpate it on the inside of my cheek) but it s clearly abnormal. Why would its pulse suddenly become perceptible from the outside? I remember squeezing that area *really* hard between my fingers in order to flatten out a pimple--that was maybe a year ago, and I first noticed the pulsation last summer. Is it possible that that (the hard squeezing of my skin) resulted in some trauma that has since manifested itself in this visible pulse? I ve been to two doctors and both told me: don t worry about it. Unfortunately that s not possible as I ve become extremely self-conscious about it; it s causing me a lot of stress. I want it to go away. What are my options? Could that artery be tied off? And is it possible, despite what the doctors say, that the pulsation is in fact due to some sort of heart condition? or perhaps a problem with my blood vessels? I should also mention that my pulse is visible on both sides of my neck; I can clearly see the skin rising and falling in sync with my heart rate. Again, it s worse when I eat and drink alcohol. And again, I was told not to worry about it by two doctors. One of them recommended a psychiatrist.
Tue, 18 Sep 2018
Pulmonologist 's  Response

All you explain are a normal variant of the organism structure. There is no problem. You don't have to worry so much.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Jnikolla, Pulmonologist