• question-icon

What causes vaginal discharge during pregnancy?

I'm pregnant and i have recently been tested for herpes threw drawing blood and it was negative and my partner doesn't have it and we've been together for 7 years and I got some news yesterday that's I might have it but no symptoms but I'm taking a medicine called flaygel bcuz one doctor said it was just an discharge do I need to be concern
Mon, 16 Mar 2015
Hello dear,I understand your concern.In my opinion curdy white discharge is seen routinely in.pregnancy due to candidiasis.
Yellowish vaginal discharge might be bacterial vaginosis or other types.
But to confirm the type of discharge you might need culture and sensitivity of vaginal discharge.If the test is normal you need not worry.Otherwise you might need to take appropriate antibiotics to avoid complications like preterm labour.
Dont worry.
Best regards...Dr srilatha