What causes vaginal bleeding during intercourse?

Hello... Im really wanting all the answers i can gather. I have been single for a really long time. Over 8 years. I finally met someone after my fiance passed away. Well my new girlfriend going on 15months. To me. I think it s a problem she has. And I don t know how to handle it. When we have sex. It s always a bloody mess. It s very uncomfortable. I really go easy. Wishing it will not happen every time. Even if she s on top. Here comes the mess. I told her to go to the doctor. The answer came out to be putting her on some sort of birth control to fix the problem....please give me advice
Thu, 25 Jul 2019

Bleeding during intercourse warrants investigation. She will need a gynecological visit and possibly a pap smear and samples for chlamydia and gonorrhea. Cervical cancer and sexually transmitted diseases have to be ruled out first.

I hope this answers your query. I remain at your disposal in case further medical assistance is needed.

Dr. Antoneta Zotaj,
General and Family Physician