Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
200 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What causes vaginal bleeding after intercourse?

Hi Dr. Jain,
I'm 24 years old and started to have sex a year ago with my boyfriend. I only have one sexual partner for the whole year.
I noticed that everytime we have sex is that I bleed, most of the time just a little, but one time it was a lot! I don't experience untolerable pain, just bleeding. We don't do sex regularly just 2x a month or sometimes a month passes by without any contact. I'm taking diane 35 for 6 months noe btw. I'm so scared. Please help me.
Tue, 24 Jan 2017
Report Abuse
OBGYN 's  Response
hello mam,,
thanks fr trusting HCM doctors fr ur health related queries..
i guess ur concern is- bleeding w.r.t intercourse..
usually wen virgins have sex fr first or even wen couples have sex after sufficient time of gap...this kind of bleeding experience is common...its chill,relax..nothing to worry...
little bleeding after sex....wen virgin hav sex fr 1st time hymen ruptures(a part inside vagina)n bleeding occurs..its i said abv even wen couples hav sex after sufficient time of gap,,n suddenly they start missionary,,,vaginal structures may not be relaxed much,,so very very minimal quantity of bleeding expected..
these problems r normal process..usually gets settled down with time...
if it persists fr quite a long period then then there is something fishy...
well,dont worry every problem has a relax..
bleeding w.r.t intercouse,,its bcz if infection of female private parts..treatable relax
well with abv short discussion u can try out my suggestion:-
1.have patience things will settle down slowly..take out ur tension,,njoy the process..
2.u can use 2% lignocaine jelly 4-5min before having intercourse..juz 2-3 drops...its aviable at ur nearby medical stores at affordbl prices...though ur vaginal structures r not relaxed,it slips in male private part slowly without any damage to ur vaginal structures..
3.if ur both the problems persists after few months..or if problem gets exaggerated,,whichever is earlier ,,then visit a nearby gynecologist to rule out cause of bleeding..
y am i suggesting gynecologist is that they hav a sound knowledge about female anatomy and its normal n abnormal body they can give precise opinion n treatment...
i hope tis was informative enough,helpful n useful fr ur query..
regards:dr.sudha rani panagar...

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I am currently on a contraceptive, Minerva. two days after me and my boyfriend kind of had sex (he penetrated and then pulled out) i started...