What causes vaginal bleeding after intercourse?

Hi, I was celibate for more than a year, and the other day I had sex and was bleeding afterwards. My menstruation cycle depends on whether I ve been taking my pills or anemia properly or not. But if I have been taking it properly, my period should start on the day I had sex. But since I haven t taking it religiously, my period should start on the 30th, and period tracker states it was just after ovulation. So, my question is - am I bleeding due to trauma having been celibate for a while, and how long will it last? I usually notice that I am bleeding after I wipe when I urinate, on my panty liner, and after I have sex.
Tue, 22 Nov 2016
Thanks for posting in HCM.
I understand your concern.
Based on your description, you need to understand that there would be irregular bleeding happening if you are taking pills irregularly.
Hence, it is difficult to predict why you would be having bleeding after intercourse and how long that would last.
Also, there could be a possibility of certain lesions causing bleeding such as cervix inflammation, uterine polyps or mechanical injury to the vaginal mucosa.
Hence, you need to be evaluated clinically by per speculum examination and you need to undergo ultrasound scan of the abdomen to know what could be the cause, so that it can be managed accordingly.
Kindly consult Gynecologist in this regard for appropriate evaluation and management.
Hope the information provided would be helpful.
All the best.