What causes urinary frequency with alternating retention and pain?

my 2 year old daughter urinates atleast 4 times an hour every day and night. she wakes up at night screaming and crying about having to pee..she cries all the time when she has to pee as if she is in pain, and sometimes crys saying her pee wont come out .its been going on for a while but lately its been getting worse, i do not know if this is normal or if somethings wrong with her and if i should take her to the dr about this.
Mon, 3 Apr 2017
This may occur in urinary tract infection. Go for urine microscopy and urine culture. Consult with pediatrician for treatment of UTI.