What causes urge incontinence while on treatment for gum infection?

I have been taking penicillin for about 9 days now, I only have about a day left of taking it for what was an infection in my gums. However over these past couple hours I have been having a constant urge to relieve my bladder and when I do, immediately after urinating it burns and there is a very light amount of blood. When I googled this, I found it was mostly likely a symptom of Penicillin. My question is should I stop taking it? And should I go see a doctor?
Fri, 30 Mar 2018

Probably you are suffering from Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) which led to burning micturition and blood in stools. Few patients may develop interstitial nephritis in few patients.

Please get urine examination is done and get treated accordingly. If you are thinking that the drug may be causative, please consult your physician so that he will advise alternate medicine to you.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu