• question-icon

What causes unilateral numbness and tingling sensation in the leg and hand?

what could be the reason for numbness and tingling and swelling in the right leg and tingling in the right hand only. I ve had 3x CABG, start plavix in Nov, Been advised to wear compression stocking and exercise. Also I m type 2 diabetic. No diagnosis of neuropathy. Thank you
Tue, 25 Sep 2018
Cardiologist 's  Response

I passed carefully through your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to a stroke. I would like to know if the tingling is persistent or in short periods of time.

In such case suspicions of seizures should be raised. Coming to this point, I recommend performing a brain MRI study. If suspicions of seizures are raised, an EEG would be needed.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist