What causes uncontrolled itching, sharp pain with leg and feet tingling?

I have had uncontrolled itching for about a year, sometimes sharp shooting pain. I have tingling in legs and feet but I m not diabetic. have seen a dermatologist and neurologist nothing has helped. It feels like I m in a bed of ants. Can you help. thanks
Tue, 7 Oct 2014

I am quite empathetic to your uncontrolled itching, sharp pain with leg and feet tingling.

There are various reasons for all the above symptoms:

- I suggest you to go for vitamin B12 level. This is one of the commonest cause of all the symptoms of uncontrolled itching, sharp pain with leg and feet tingling. If it is less than the required value then can start vitamin B12 supplementation.

- Just check for any tight fitting shoes or socks. It causes a pressure sensation and therefore uncontrolled itching, sharp pain with leg and feet tingling.

- DO not stand for long hours as it causes pooling and stagnancy of blood and therefore restless legs.

All the best.