• question-icon

What causes tremors in the hand?

My husband(73 yrs.) hand started to tremble slightly about 20 yrs. ago. Now the left hand tremor is extremely worse. About ten yrs. ago he had a triple bypass & back surgery for the third time last year. He also has developed a limp in the left leg. His doctors can not give me an answer when I ask about the tremor.
Mon, 17 Nov 2014
Neurologist 's  Response
first of all it looks like that limp in leg might be connected to his cardiac problem, as it might causes lacunar infarct, but his tremor has no connection to this problem. first i like to know that is there any slowness in his activity or rigidity in his musculature is present or not. he might be suffering from essential tremor or parkinson disease which can be diagnosed only upon examination of patient. you can try tab. pacitane 2 mg thrice a day.