What causes trace of protein in urine?

I went for a physical check up around 2pm 2 days ago and I was informed that I had a minute trace of protein in my Urine. I did not eat anything or drink any water that day before going for the test and I m presently on a medication of paludrine (proguanil hydrochloride). I just want to know what could be the cause and if it is something to worry about
Thu, 8 Aug 2019

There is no evidence that proguanil hydrochloride can cause protein in the urine.
I can advise you to do a kidney ultrasound to check for infection.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Olgeta Xhufka, General & Family Physician