What causes tongue pain due to chemotherapy?

What causes tongue pain due to chemotherapy? Also what can I use to stop this excruciating pain.Please help me. THANKS
Fri, 22 Apr 2011
Treatment/Therapy
hi
chemotherapy can cause pain in tongue.
apply B FOLCIN gel over it twice a day.
for tablet u r doctor will do better as
i dont know what u r taking and what u have?

I hope you ca n . I undergo chemothera py for the time being. Since I had the first treatment, I noticed that my tongue started to hurt to such an extent that I was not able to eat solid food . From y doctor I got Magic Mouthwash which is a mouthrinse and contains lidocaine. I have to dilute the liquid because it is very very thick. It seemed to help somewhat but the problem has not diasppeared . Can you give me some advice?

my sister has stomach cancer, has had 7 sessions of chemo, but they have stopped her 8th scheduled chemo as still losing weight, can t even stand, being sick and now in pain. In hospital, glucose drip to hydrate her, but can t take anything into her stomach - tried a bag today - (has had a tube into her stomach since feb.) even after anti-sickness meds still can t keep anything down. On morphine for abdominal pains. Is there any way they can get food into her if her stomach is closing due to the effects of cancer?

I am suffering from leukemia(blood cancer)and undergoing chemotherapy cycles .Due to this recently i have lot of hair fall and even wait loss.I feel weak ,so i want to know what are the side effects caused by chemotherapy

Recent questions on Chemotherapy

I know someone who said he went through 4 - 6 weeks of both radiation and chemotherapy for rectal cancer. He had surgery and again is having either radiation or chemotherapy, yet, he didn't lose any hair. (he was balding before he started treatments) How rare is it not to have significant hair loss while undergoing such brutal treatments?

My husband has genital herpes and was recently diagnosed with colon cancer. He received 1 treatment of chemotherapy and has run a fever everyday for about 2 weeks. About five days after his treatment he noticed discomfort of the scrotum. It was red on both sides and had areas of what appeared to be pus filled lesions. Could this be a side effect of the chemo or is this an outbreak. He is taking valtrex and applying a cream. It seems to be improving slowly. Should he tell his oncologist about the herpes. Will it effect his treatments and does chemotherapy increase the severity of outbreaks.

Hello doctor. My cousin brother (stays in India) is diagnosed with lymphoblastic lymphoma (mediastinal) in August 2011. Now it has been metastasized to CNS. He was going through chemotherapy BFM90. Now doctor is contemplating whether to have bone marrow transplantation or not. But what I read that the aggressive form of this lymphoma may be curable. Then why can't doctor continue with chemotherapy? They are also not suggesting immunotherpay. Could you please suggest me what to do in this stage? Is there any hope for him? If he goes through bone marrow transplantation then how long he could survive disease free? Thanks. Reshmi Mukherjee.

Hi. A close male relative has been diagnosed with NHL. General health was very good apart from a fairly minor stroke six months ago and aortic aneurism surgery six years ago. He is 81 years old and symptoms include weight loss, lack of appetite, fever, night sweats, rigors, bladder infection. Has been taking steroids for five days and will continue until strong enough for chemotherapy. Lymph nodes swollen in abdomen, neck, and underarms. Neck node excision confirmed NHL. Any evaluation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

My father is currently under going cancer treatment. Below is a brief summary of his ailment and the treatments undergone so far: Diagnosed with CA colon (2013) resected and followed by 12 cycles of FOLFOX . Solitary Lung Met after 1 year. Again...

This is related to my fathers cancer treamtent. Diagnosed with CA colon (2013) resected and followed by 12 cycles of FOLFOX . Solitary Lung Met after 1 year. Again resected and followed by 12 cycles of FOLFIRI. Another solitary Bone Met (8th rib...

I am male 93 years young currently under treatment for bladder cancer cancerous material removed and now I am thru thte second of the six shot weekly program. my problem now is shortness of breath . my heart dr. just completed a neucular stress...