What causes tongue pain due to chemotherapy?

What causes tongue pain due to chemotherapy? Also what can I use to stop this excruciating pain.Please help me. THANKS
Fri, 22 Apr 2011
Treatment/Therapy
hi
chemotherapy can cause pain in tongue.
apply B FOLCIN gel over it twice a day.
for tablet u r doctor will do better as
i dont know what u r taking and what u have?

I hope you ca n . I undergo chemothera py for the time being. Since I had the first treatment, I noticed that my tongue started to hurt to such an extent that I was not able to eat solid food . From y doctor I got Magic Mouthwash which is a mouthrinse and contains lidocaine. I have to dilute the liquid because it is very very thick. It seemed to help somewhat but the problem has not diasppeared . Can you give me some advice?

my sister has stomach cancer, has had 7 sessions of chemo, but they have stopped her 8th scheduled chemo as still losing weight, can t even stand, being sick and now in pain. In hospital, glucose drip to hydrate her, but can t take anything into her stomach - tried a bag today - (has had a tube into her stomach since feb.) even after anti-sickness meds still can t keep anything down. On morphine for abdominal pains. Is there any way they can get food into her if her stomach is closing due to the effects of cancer?

I am suffering from leukemia(blood cancer)and undergoing chemotherapy cycles .Due to this recently i have lot of hair fall and even wait loss.I feel weak ,so i want to know what are the side effects caused by chemotherapy

Recent questions on  Chemotherapy

Nonhodgkin's Lymphoma patient just finished last chemotherapy 10 days ago now presents with swollen big toe draining clear fluid. After soaking foot in epson salt noted small white worms. What needs to be done?
Suspect this was occurring severals days prior but do not know this informtion

Im after some advise really
Im 24 I have been having chemotherapy for hodgkins lymphoma for the last 3 years and last september i had a bone marrow transplant from donor cells, all through the treatment i was still having my periods but last year they put me on a tablet which stopped me from bleeding as it was too dangerous. when i stopped this tablet at christmas time i bleed but havent since. the doctors are still hopeful my periods will return and have said i can start taking my contraceptive pill as soon as they do but me and my boyfriend of 4 years both hate using condoms and get no enjoyment out of them and therefore we havent been having a love life really and i dont want to wait up to the year the hospital is saying what are my options?

Three days ago I had a lithium level of .75 (15 years use). I have a post-cancer bilateral reduction mammoplasty scheduled for 3 days from now. Is it safe to proceed with the surgery, given the lithium reading?

I am a 55 year old female, 5'7" tall, 170 lbs, non smoker, non drinker. I have bipolar disorder and OCD. I was treated from March 2010 to May 2011 for breast cancer (chemotherapy and radiation) and am on 5 years of hormone therapy.I would appreciate your advice. I REALLY want this surgery.
Thank you. Dr. Elaine Chapelle YYYY@YYYY

Dear Dr Kruger
I was diagnosed with anal cancer in January 2006. I had six weeks of radiation and two full weeks of chemotherapy. I was given all the clear in June 2006. They then found a growth in my liver and I had 3 more rounds of chemotherapy. There was no change in the growth but the doctors decided to do a liver resection. The growth turned out to be non cancerous. As I am 43 and because of the treatment I have had I have done into menopause. I been prescribed Livial one tablet a day, Provera one tablet for 14 days and Ovestin twice a week. I have reservations about taking this medication. Do you think my reservations are warranted?

My father is currently under going cancer treatment. Below is a brief summary of his ailment and the treatments undergone so far: Diagnosed with CA colon (2013) resected and followed by 12 cycles of FOLFOX . Solitary Lung Met after 1 year. Again...

This is related to my fathers cancer treamtent. Diagnosed with CA colon (2013) resected and followed by 12 cycles of FOLFOX . Solitary Lung Met after 1 year. Again resected and followed by 12 cycles of FOLFIRI. Another solitary Bone Met (8th rib...

I am male 93 years young currently under treatment for bladder cancer cancerous material removed and now I am thru thte second of the six shot weekly program. my problem now is shortness of breath . my heart dr. just completed a neucular stress...