• question-icon

What causes tinnitus and stomach pain while on Acetazolamide?

my husband has been taking acetazolamide 500 mg 2x daily since Friday. He s now experience ringing in his ears and stomach pain. This was prescribed by his eye doctor. Should he top taking it until he speaks with his doctor. What is the best way to flush it out of his system.
Thu, 2 May 2019

Based on the history you have shared if his eyes symptoms have reduced he may tapper it till repeat consultation however, the side effects you mentioned especially tinnitus can be caused by it for sure.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin, General & Family Physician