What causes tingling sensation in extremeties and ear ringing?

hi..my dad had a intacerebral thalamic bleed of around 20cc. the left side of his body is numb. he s experiening tingling sensation on his left upper and lower extemitimeties and he also complaints of ringing in the ears. what might have caused this? and is there any chance that his body will be back to normal. it s almost a year now since the stroke had happened.
Thu, 20 May 2021
Neurologist 's  Response

This is due to a thalamic stroke probably the sensory nucleus of the thalamus on the side opposite the symptoms. This happens due to hypertensive lipohyalinotic cerebral angiopathy which may have bled.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shakeel Ansari, Neurologist