What causes tingling sensation and pain in the ears?

IHi, can I answer your health question? Please type your question here... I have this pain behind my ear!! Come and goes!!Its likes tingling!! I went to the doctor I had I lot waxing!! But I am still have this tingling sensation sometimes!!I don’t no what to do?
Mon, 30 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Tingling & numbness in the ear can be caused by earwax blockage, infection, sensory nerve damage, foreign objects or infection due to swimming. It looks like blockade due to wax & infection in your case. You have had wax removed but still have tingling in the affected ear.
Put Otorex ear drops 4-5 drops in the affected ear thrice daily for 5-7 days. The wax that is left will come out by itself. You can visit an ENT specialist get examined & have ear wash done, if required. In the meantime avoid swimming for it may infect your affected ear.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Nupur K.