• question-icon

What causes tightness in the throat while on Benedryl?

I had an antibiotic allergic reaction 2 months ago. Symptoms are tightness in throat, I called the clinic and they told me to stop taking the antibiotic and take benedryl. I take benedryl for days and tighten of throat gone in 3 days but swallowing saliva is kinda painful. And now 2 days ago at night my throat itch and has a slight pain in my right ear. Can you please help me with this. Your answer is much appreciated. Thank you.
Thu, 28 Jul 2016
Hi
You are probably suffering from an upper respiratory tract infection that might need a course of antibiotics.I suggest you get your ear and throat examined by a Doctor. Antiinflammatory pain medication will help you feel better.
Wish you a quick recovery