What causes thick green colored phlegm in the throat?

Ok, so... every single day I have to spit out very thick green phlegm, and this has been like this for a few years now. I constantly feel like something is stuck in my throat. Also, when I take a bite of food, typically the first bite, it feels like my throat rejects it. The food doesn t come back up, but I have to force it to go down by either drinking water or I have to keep swallowing until it passes. Please help! This is getting very annoying and I can t stand it!
Wed, 18 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You may be suffering from acute bacterial pharyngitis with or without Lower respiratory tract infection. Use water vapour inhalation and salt water gargling thrice a day for five days. Avoid cool drinks and chill water avoid smoking and alcohol intake. Use tablet Amoxiclav twice a day for five days. If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.     
Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu