What causes the foetal heart rate to drop during pregnancy?

Hi, May I know the possible reasons as to why a fetal heart rate drops. During my first pregnancy scan there was fetal heart rate of 82 bpm, which is less than normal. Later when I asked to visit for my second scan after 10 days it was completely missing, what caused the fetal heart rate to drop?
Wed, 18 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

There are many causes for fetal heart rate variations and they are commonly called as fetal distress. Most common causes being cord around the neck a condition where umbilical cord twisted around fetal neck and cause compression. Other causes being alterations in the amniotic fluid and maternal conditions like hypertension and diabetes. Close monitoring is required, your gynecologist will explain in detail.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.