Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

What causes the fishy smell during sex ?

what causes the fishy smell during sex
Asked On : Wed, 11 Aug 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  1212
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Heather;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The cause of fishy smell during sex is due to infection in vagina causing discharge to smell so you need to get that treated.Also it is important to treat the male partner because the male partner is most of the time carrier of the infection.Once both of you are treated the smell will disappear.So consult a doctor and get the treatment prescribed.
Answered: Fri, 2 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Nephrologist Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha's  Response
Thanks for the query

Fishy smell normally comes from the vaginal secretions, it might be normal in some people but in others there could be a vaginitis. I suggest u send a culture of the secretion inclusing for fungus

Have a healthy living
Answered: Fri, 2 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor