What causes the eyes to roll back in a hypertensive and diabetic person?

Hello, last nite my husband who has type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure, coughed so hard last nite that his eyes rolled back in his head and I had to grab him and see if he was ok. It scared the crap out of me!! I thought he couldn t breathe or something. He also smokes close to a pack a day!
Tue, 4 Aug 2015
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
there should be proper management of diabetes with drugs and diet control. life style change with regular morning walk and day time increase phy sical activity is essential. take fresh fruits and vegetable. regular diabetic profile and fundus examination to monitour diabetic retinopathy. gradual reduce and stop smoking.