What causes testicular pain and hardening of the epididymis?

Hi!i've got two questions. It feels like epididimis on right side is larger and harder, noticed that couple years ago, but didn't really pay attention about it till now. I can feel the one on the other side as well, but it is smaller and harder to find. The other thing that happened to me today when I got home, I noticed a little bit of pain in my right testicle and something that feels like soft tissue above it. What do you think the problem is?
Mon, 26 May 2014