Owl Image

What causes swollen rashes on the body?

i have been having intermittent bouts of hives. a milder case of this happened over 10 years ago. It started again almost a month ago. I always chalked it up to bug bites as I was outside more. This past saturday, my upper left lip swelled up. I took benadryl. Sunday, my bottom lip swelled up. I took benadryl. Monday, my inner right cheek swelled. (during this time I tried eliminating one thing at a time as I generally eat the same thing for breakfast everyday and the hives start in the morning). Today, my left hand, both wrists and the left side of my tongue swelled. i went to urgent care and they gave me a steroid injection as it was determined that I was not having trouble breathing. Tonight, i feel uneasy and both of my wrist joints feel stiff and swollen.
Fri, 9 Feb 2018
Hello! Welcome to HealthcareMagic!

I understand your concern. It looks like an allergic reaction from a certain allergen. Some advice that I can give you are: 

1) Take antihistamines like Cetirizine 10 mg once daily.
2) Take prescription corticosteroids.
3) Use Calamine lotion locally.
4) Try a damp dressing.
5) Cold showers can help.

Hope my answer was helpful.If you have any other question Ill be glad to help.

Thank you for the query.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician