What causes swollen forehead and pain behind ear after bleaching the hair?

I bleached my hair last night and when I rinsed it off the top of my forehead was swollen and tight also behind my ear was hurting I've woke up in the night being sick and this morning the swelling has gone I feel ill and weak is this anything to worry about
Wed, 3 Feb 2016
Dentist 's  Response
Hi..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..

As per your complain it seems that you have had an allergic reaction to the chemicals present in hair dye leading to swelling, tightness and pain.
Pain behind the ear can be due to swollen lymph nodes secondary to inflammation due to allergic reaction.
As the swelling has subsided now you need not to worry as gradually the weakness will also subside that can be seen commonly BBC after allergic reactions..
In case if there is some discomfort still present you can take anti allergic like Benadryl and do cool compresses over the scalp and forehead..
Avoid using hairdyes with similar composition in future as it might lead to further more severe allergic reaction..

Hope this information helps..

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.