Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

128 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes swollen and sore testicles?

I’m 47 years old and 2 days ago I noticed my right testicle was swollen and sore. It felt like having “ blue balls” when I was younger, but just in the right testicle. Then I decided that maybe jerking off would releave the pressure and make the swelling go down. When I ejaculated my seman was brownish or rust colored on a white towel. I have never seen or heard of this before. HELP PLEASE!

I’m currently have a lot of sinus drainage with discolored mucus.
I have psoriatic arthritis and use taltz for ongoing treatment.

Wed, 27 Jun 2018
Report Abuse
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Swollen testicle can be many things, e.g. inguinal hernia, hydrocele, tumor, infection. A urinalysis and ultrasound of your scrotum can provide the diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

10 year old son c/o left testicular soreness. Mildly swollen. On tapering prednisone for allergic reaction to something he came in contact in woods. Could prednisone be the cause of the pain? No increased warmth or discoloration, no temperature elevation.

doctor1 MD

my husband has one swollen testicle. also very sore. what could be the cause?

doctor1 MD

I have a mild pain in my right testicle,2 years back it got swollen, have done ultra sound two times but result was as told is bit liquid inside it. at touching feels like little clot like at the bottm side of it. But now its almost 2 years that i am suffering from this mild pain. pls suggest.