What causes swelling on leg after an injury?

Hi around Tuesday I jumped and landed on my leg weirdly I hear a popping noise and was in intense pain. when I straighten my leg it felt a lot better. I could walk and put all my weight on the leg. Now it is swollen on top. It s my left knee and now when I bend it I see that on the left side it is bigger a harder feeling in comparison to my other knee. It get better everyday I have a hard time bending it all the way but, it is getting better. I also can t put a ton of weight on it when it is bend. I think it is Suprapatellar Bursitis does that sound right.
Mon, 12 Jan 2015
Dear patient
I think it is mostly supra patellar haematoma due to left knee injury. Since you can put full weight on left leg meniscus or ligaments injury is less likely.
I would like to advise ultrasound of left knee to assess collection and if it's more than 30 ml it needs aspirations to prevent infection. If it's possible do visit orthopedic consultant and get yourself examined. All the best.