What causes swelling of hands & shoulders ?

For the past 3 weeks my hands have been swollen and my shoulders and elbows hurt. Now I have knots in my wrists and my feet and ankles are swollen with knots at the joints of my feet. I have an appt with a rheumatologist but they can t see me until Aug. 27. I am always in pain. Any suggestions?
Tue, 19 Feb 2019
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response

Since you don't have any appointment slot now and time is moving on. I would recommend you to take up the physiotherapy sessions which might include the ultrasound therapy and TENS therapy.

Also, the inclusion of exercise for maintaining the ROM and joint stability will help improve the muscle strength and overall joint functions.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Jay Indravadan Patel, Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist
General & Family Physician Dr. Shinas Hussain's  Response

It can be a part of arthritis. As of now you can use analgesics/anti inflammatory combination like Aceclofenac/Seratiopeptdase for symptomatic relief. If symptoms persists better to consult an orthopedics and get evaluated.

Dr. Shinas Hussain,