What causes swelling in the testicles?

I had some sort of infection years back that caused my right testical to swell.. I was prescribed penicillin after being given a shot.. Swelling went down emediatly after the shot but my stoical shunk.. I didn t think anything to much at the time because the pain was gone. I assumed it would return to its natural state.. It never did.. It doesn t hurt to touch and isn t ever sore and I ve never had any pains or anything but I was just wondering what might have caused this and is it reversible or what can I do?
Wed, 14 Jan 2015
Thanks for asking in healthcaremagic forum

In short: If it hurts after pinching lightly your testis then your testis is normal

Explanation: You would have suffered from epididymo orchitis before and were treated for that. Antibiotic cannot cause shrinking of your scrotal sac or testis. The swelling which was there would have decreased which you thought as shrinking in size of testis.
Do not worry about the size, if its sensitive ie, if it hurts after pressing it lightly then its normal.
Hope this helps you.